what breed are my 2 girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tammys kevin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Tammys kevin

Tammys kevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2012
    i forgot to ask the lady i bought them off [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thats Buffy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and thats Amy

the hens are a bit smaller than sussex hens, there were black, buff and white with black feathers around their neck, and the big buff rooster had an enormous comb and wattles. they have green eyes, the hens had no wattles, and they are quiet and friendly

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Maybe Buff Orpington and Black Australorp??

3. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    that was my first guess!

4. Tammys kevin

Jul 25, 2012
    [​IMG]
    heres another pic of the other chickens they had, im not sure if the black is an australorp as it has green eyes and the feathers don't have that green tinge, but i dont really know that much about them

5. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    The buff ones are orps, while the white ones look like Delaware to me. I guess I dont know about the black one for sure; it might be a mix or something. She almost looked kinda like a dark Cornish in the face.... can we see natural poses of the birds?

6. Tammys kevin

Jul 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Man that black one has me stumped!!!!! But I am still thinking buff orpington for the other one. I am so sorry I cant help you with little Amy. They are beautiful birds though! I will research up on cute little Amy to try and find her breed!!!

8. nick5920

nick5920 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Probably buffs and black austlorps some look like delwares

9. Tammys kevin

Jul 25, 2012
    i managed to get a hold of the lady i bought them off, and she is claiming they are all sussex. i thought the white ones were sussex hens at first, but i figured they were too small and slim, and they dont have any wattles and just a tiny pale pink comb, and iv never seen a black sussex that looks like Amy. perhaps they are mixed breed

10. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Oh, that could be true now that you think if it, I mean Buffy being a Sussex. I have never heard of a black Sussex. Yes, they probably are mixed somehow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by