What breed are my Bantams?

WildHorseMountain

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
E. Oklahoma
Hello everyone! I have three bantams that I got from the Tractor Supply this spring. They got them from Privot Hatchery in new Mexico. The first one I know is a cochin, he looks like he's a mix of barred/ penciled. They are 81/2 weeks old in these pics.
96973_2011_06120032.jpg

This is one is really sweet, she was the only one that looked red like this and was in the tub with the other cochins. She's dark reddish brown now.
96973_2011_06120054.jpg

This is my one and only Roo, he was suppose to be a she lol. I have no idea what it is but it's really small and his crows are soft and not loud. He was in a tub with black and white bantams, he was the only solid black one.
96973_2011_06120071.jpg

So please let me know what you think they are! Thank you, Kim

Last edited:
I'm gonna go out on the limb and say that I think the cochin is a pullet. I don't see much in the way of comb or wattles. I have bantams younger than yours and the males all have prominent, red comb and wattles.

I'm stumped on the other two. Sorry.

BTW,
welcome-byc.gif

Denise

Thank you so much for the reply and the welcome! Yes, they are all pullets except for the black one, he crows every morning and evening now. Just wanted to know what breed they could be? I think the black one is a Serama, and the red one may be a Buckeye bantam and the cochin is a barred maybe?

Black one is a Serama. the legs are way too long to be a Japanese.
Japanese are suppose to look like their sitting even though they are standing..

Here are my Japanese.. notice short legs, but they are standing!

249402_130000367079985_100002100667846_237391_4747810_n.jpg

I'm going to go against the grain and say that your bird in photo #1 is a dark brahma, not a cochin.
hide.gif

What kind of comb does it have?

#2 Rhode Island Red bantam

#3 Black Old English Game Bantam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom