What breed are my chickens

Skipper81

" For my yoke is easy and my burden is light "
Feb 11, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Ok I got free chicks on CL 6 months back and geuss what 5 boys and 1 girl lol couldn't tell gender for a long time they were very small my question is what breed are they because the lady said her flock was
Golden sexlink rooster

Hens were
Redstar
Australorp
RIR
Why do 2 of my roosters have rose Combs
And what breed is my darn hen lol
IMG_20180211_205621.jpg
IMG_20180211_205643.jpg
IMG_20180211_205659.jpg
IMG_20180211_205714.jpg
IMG_20180211_205721.jpg

Well I have RIR and Australorps so if that' what she has then your birds are mixed. Australorps have all black with feathers in the sun that look purple or green. Like an oil stain in a puddle. RIR are a dark almost red rust brown. Your 2nd roo looks like a mix of that and the top roo looks like an EE .. but the others I have not a clue. Sorry

Well I have RIR and Australorps so if that' what she has then your birds are mixed. Australorps have all black with feathers in the sun that look purple or green. Like an oil stain in a puddle. RIR are a dark almost red rust brown. Your 2nd roo looks like a mix of that and the top roo looks like an EE .. but the others I have not a clue. Sorry
Yes it does look like oil on black rooster also lol
So the top one with lacing on his chest and rose comb looks like EE? Do they have rose Combs

The combs are all different cause EES are also a mixed breed. They are all beautiful birds! I'm not familiar with your other breeds you listed though so I can't say for sure. Good luck tho!

#1- wyandotte/red sexlink (red star, golden sexlink, etc.) mix
#2- australorp mix
#3- wyandotte/red sexlink mix
#4- red sexlink mix
#5- wyandotte mix
Thank you so much I'm new to chickens and the lady didn't mention wyandotte in her flock but those 2 rooster look the part

Back
Top Bottom