What Breed are my chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Slugga95, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Slugga95

Slugga95 New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    i have seven chickens. these are all of my chickens one rooster and six hens. i don't know what breed they are can anybody help me find out. aslo one of the white and black hens is and easter egger i would also like to find out which one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can anybody help me find out what breed they are?

2. Slugga95

Slugga95 New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    only one of the black and white hens is an easter egger ithink i dont know i would also like to find that out

3. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Pictures 4-5 look like a barred plymouth rock. Number 6 looks like your EE, but I can't be certain.

4. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Hen in picture 2 looks like a Game Hen (American Game probably) Picture 4-5 a Barred Rock. Picture 6 EE or Ameraucana. Picture 7 maybe a Leghorn or a Game hen.

5. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    And the rooster in #1 looks like a Maran to me.

6. soffeann1997

soffeann1997 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    The black and whit striped ones are Barred Plymouth Rocks. The whit chicken in the picture with a barred rock and another white chicken is an easter egger. The other white one is a white leghorn. The roster looks like a mix of rode island red and something else. and the other hens look like a buff orphington mixed with rode island red.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I agree your rooster looks like Marans, I think they say that is the model for the old rooster picture on cornflakes...if not that breed, then the cornflakes model rooster.

If one of your barred (black and white) is an EE, then it is the one with the small comb -- if they are the same age....I guess that would mean a barred daddy and an EE mother. The other B&W looks like barred plymouth rock. The last one, I vote Leghorn too, or a leghorn cross, the rest, especially the white one in the second to last--EE. (except the one people are saying looks like American game hen I agree). I guess if you get green or blue eggs---you know for sure EE.

Welcome to the BYC forum Slugga95!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    The rooster sort of looks like a foghorn leghorn.

9. Slugga95

Slugga95 New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    well i found some blue eggs and i know its not the hens in picture2-3 because i saw them lay regular brown eggs.. but thank yall. if yall would like to see the chick after they hatch let me know. because then hen in 2 is laying on 13 eggs. she took the three blue eggs and put them with her. also if yall would like to see my chicken coop let me know

10. roosterjrm

roosterjrm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2012
    I agree with most everybody on the hens yet the rooster cant b a maran because marans have feathers on outside of their legs all the way to the toe. He looks just like a maran every way else though, so maybe he is just featherless on legs. CAN B POSSIBLE I SUPPOSE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by