What breed are my ducklings?

CIKE

In the Brooder
May 31, 2019
Hi! I believe my ducklings are 3 weeks old. And the bigger one is a Blue Swedish based on internet views. The smaller is a domestic Mallard? Any confirmations? Oh and the nights are down to 60 degrees, days in 80’s soon to be 90’s is it too soon to be without heat lamp outside? I’ve had chickens for years, but ducks only when I was a child. Anyways they’re inside now, but when can they go outside. I live in Sacramento area. View attachment 1797373

Hi! I believe my ducklings are 3 weeks old. And the bigger one is a Blue Swedish based on internet views. The smaller is a domestic Mallard? Any confirmations? Oh and the nights are down to 60 degrees, days in 80’s soon to be 90’s is it too soon to be without heat lamp outside? I’ve had chickens for years, but ducks only when I was a child. Anyways they’re inside now, but when can they go outside. I live in Sacramento area. View attachment 1797373

From what I can tell they do look like blue Swedish and mallard. Very cute little things! Right now I have mallard ducklings and I think a blue Swedish duckling.

Back
Top Bottom