What Breed are my girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MowNGrow, Jan 25, 2010.

1. MowNGrow

MowNGrow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    I have uploaded pictures now how do I post them here for everyone to see?

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Go to your uploads, copy and paste!

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Yes, copy the bottom thingamajig, and paste on the other thingamajig.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I'll bet you'd be great at giving directions too!

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    yep... don't forget to press the whatchamacalit while you paste the thingamajic next to watsitcalled...

6. MowNGrow

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it worked, thank you to the "chicken god" that wrote how to section in ENGLISH [​IMG]

That done with, I know they are chicens what breed are they [​IMG], Emily and Holley are now 5.5 months .... (getting in here first after my last responce [​IMG])

We also have two black babies that are now three weeks old and have their combs coming in. Feeling nervous they may be roos? Have to take some close up photos for your opinions.

7. MowNGrow

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    The blue is anticeptic spray we used once the children picked the ones they wanted. They were quite easy to identify later for delivery.

8. MowNGrow

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    My thoughts after looking again at the breed section is one of two;

[​IMG] New hampshire red's

or

[​IMG], or a star?

Both girls lay well and I have been getting 2 eggs a day for the last 4 days. (On the day after coming home Holley laid however Emily met the dog Todd and he took some of her tail feathers so she took untill 4 days ago to lay) I am feeling more like perhaps one of each? NHR Red for Emily who is pictured (I realised I have two pictures of the same chicken, sorry) and Holley looks so much like the "hen" pic on the star page for breeds I could take that one for her picture. I got them from a produce provider that uses a hatchery in another part of the state. When I asked they said it is possible they were not from the same clutch however hatched at the same time.

I will try to get individual closer pictures of the girls tomorrow. Weather permitting we are in the middle of a rain depression, ie end of a cyclone that didn't form.

The girls are so tame the children can pick them up with no problems 5 and 3. If anything the children are more afraid of the babies than the biger girls. The babies run on them the big girls just sit and like to be petted LOL.

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Did you spray their tails too?
    I'd say they are red sex-links. They are laying brown eggs?

10. MowNGrow

Jan 9, 2010
    Townsville
    Yep we all got a good coat with it [​IMG] Good idea at the time.

Yes they both lay brown eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by