What breed are my girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by iBoodle, Jun 15, 2011.

1. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Idaho
    What breed are my chickens? I got them in March and totally forgot to see what kind they were....total noob.
    You'll have to watch their injury video, but don't worry, they've made a full recovery!
    You'll also need to skip to about 1:15 in the video to see the actual chickens.

Also, I was assuming they are both girls, but now that I see the difference in their combs, I am not so sure....

Becca

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. snowburton8

snowburton8 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    One is a black austrolap and the other maybe a leghorn or who knows! Also I would have to say that their both girls because their combs dont seem to be red enough!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. KentuckyFC

KentuckyFC Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Not sure what breed but OUCH! Poor Peep!

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Antarctica
    One is either an Australorp or a Copper Maran. The white one is probably a Leghorn.

5. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks for your input!

If anyone else thinks they know what they are, please don't hesitate to tell me! [​IMG]

KFC, I know! [​IMG] I found them like that one morning! But she's healed up enough to where she can keep up with Malachi, and she doesn't seem to be in pain either. [​IMG]

EDIT:

I am assuming that Malachi is a Black Australorp. She definitely has that green sheen to her feathers.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by