What breed are my new babies?

Foxyrockie

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2015
Dallas, Tx
Visited the feed store today and came back with some new babies. The guys there know squat about chickens. I believe I have 3 Barred Rocks, but the other 2 I have no idea about. I've never had a yellow chick before so this one is new to me altogether. The all black one kinda looks like an Australorp I had but I think my Australorp had more white on it as a chick. This baby is almost completely black with some white at the base of it's wings.

I've also included a picture of one of my RIR wearing an impromptu "diaper" and giving me the stank eye,
tongue.gif
Lol. I believe it's a pullet but ya never know.
hu.gif

Maybe the black one is a Black Star? I read that they're a cross between RIR and BR. If my other 3 are BR then maybe it's possible. Esp considering this is the same place I got my RIR. I can't find anything about the yellow one so any suggestions would be helpful.

So here are updated pics of the black one. I havnt gotten to the yellow one yet but any suggestions would be nice. I'm sure they're not anything super fancy I just don't know what they are.

Yea, I was thinking Black sex link too just from the pictures I've seen of them. It doesn't look like my Australorp did. He was easy to figure out. This little guy/gal is a little harder. I was hoping someone with a sex link would chime in with an opinion.

Wow, mine def looks more like the Australorp. I hope if it is its a hen. I just rehomed my last Australorp bc it was rooster. His name was Sugar, and my daughter was upset that he went away. I did live him though. Would be nice if this one has the same temperament and is a hen. Did your sex link aways have that brown in it?

They started out black and as they grew they grew the brown feathers in, yours might be at the stage between just growing in feathers and the stage mine are at.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom