1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed are my new hens ?!?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BeauTabiano, Nov 8, 2008.

1. BeauTabiano

BeauTabiano Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    no idea what they are

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i wonder what they are

2. jonbanks

jonbanks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    the second one almost looks barred i dont know im definetly not any type of expert, lol

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    why are their eyes orange?????:eek:

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:DEVIL CHICKENS!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Anyway, ive got no clue. The second grayish one is Crele colored, but i have no clue as to the breed. In fact, ive never seen a crele color in standard sized birds before....were did you get them?

5. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    mutts

the barred one looks a lot like what I get when I breed my RIR on my Cuckoo Maran hens... they actually make great layers

6. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    They look like they might be crosses -- with Barred Rock and ?? That last one looks a bit Japanese with the upright tail. I'm no expert either.

7. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    Quote:seriously thats what i said , there eyes realy are orange never seen chicken eyes like that before , even in daylight they have orange eyes ecept for the pupil

8. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Kreepy!!!!:mad:

9. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    Quote:DEVIL CHICKENS!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Anyway, ive got no clue. The second grayish one is Crele colored, but i have no clue as to the breed. In fact, ive never seen a crele color in standard sized birds before....were did you get them?

i got them from a verry nice local lady over here in prunedale , not even joking she had at least over 100 chickens not including ducks and turkeys etc .. she rescues them and then finds them homes . so these guys where kept in cages and had verry little handeling , so they are verry scared of me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by