What Breed Are These (2 types about 7 or 8 weeks)?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BrittanyM, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BrittanyM

BrittanyM New Egg

Jul 8, 2011
    A friend of my Mom's hatched some eggs for us so we could add to our flocks. She provided the eggs and didn't tell us what breed the chicks were, so we have no idea. There are 2 kinds, the cream ones and the black ones. We think that 3 of the cream ones are roos and the rest are hens. Here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Since the black ones have feathered legs, I would say they are a feathered leg cross or maybe Langshans. The white ones look like Cornish Rocks.

3. BrittanyM

BrittanyM New Egg

Jul 8, 2011
    Okay thank you! After looking at pictures of the Langshans I think you are right... they look remarkably like them, especially the pictures of the chicks. Does anyone have any pointers on how to tell the difference between the roos and pullets? Does that Cornish in the picture look like a roo to you?

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    White leghorns?

5. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    White Leghorns-Cornish Cross?
    Langshans?

6. dmangum

dmangum Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    Breed...hard to tell. However since they are the same age the comb could be a tell. The one pic. of the white chick shows the makings of a roo comb, however again if they are of different breeds then thats out the window. MUSCOVIE said it best, "One never knows till he crows." Sorry. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by