What breed are these? Ameraucaunas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kylara70, May 22, 2010.

1. kylara70

kylara70 In the Brooder

May 13, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know they are 5-6 months old females, just wanted to know if they are Ameraucaunas or not? I can not find a specific breed picture that looks like these. Any help would be much appreciated. I am getting blue/green eggs from them.

Thanks!
    Carol

2. paddock36

paddock36 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    They look like some type of mix with EE.

3. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

I believe that they are a silver laced breed crossed with something else. The one in the second pic is a rooster.

edited to add: They might be considered Ameraucanas/ Araucanas if you aren't from the USA. I think some overseas have those crests, but I don't know anything about standard colors. Here they would be called Easter Eggers.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  4. kylara70

kylara70 In the Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Well, that is news to me!!! I wondered why she/he was so agressive and dominant over the others. I was told that these were both females. I wondered why one looked smaller and less fluffy headed if they were both females, same age, same type of chicken.

You really think the second one is a rooster? I am not happy. I just figured it was a dominant female, he does crow every morning, however, they are NOT early risers. [​IMG] I am glad about that.

Well, more interesting developments. The soup thickens.

Carol O.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I agree on a mix. And I agree, the 2nd one is definitely a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by