1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

what breed are these bantams??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by johninluray, May 18, 2011.

1. johninluray

johninluray In the Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    luray
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LittlenRedHen782

LittlenRedHen782 Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    South Jordan UT
    #3 looks like my friends blue cochins

3. stellacat

stellacat Chirping

Apr 26, 2011
    Do not want to disagree but look at the featherless legs and upright tail of #3. #1 looks like a white frizzle cochin. don't know about the others though. BTW, [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  4. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Songster

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    #3 looks like a chick I got at TSC that I am still clueless on as well!! So if anyone can help us BOTH. XD I think I have the same thing:

[​IMG]

Mine has a lack of any comb and is a solid gray with slightly darker gray marking and slightly green legs. Does that describe yours? I was told one thing that was wrong and most recently a bantam EE. But still not sure.

5. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    John, I think #1 is a frizzled white cochin, #2 I don't know, #3 maybe a Serama and #4 looks like it might be an Easter Egger. Larkspur I think yours is a Easter Egger.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Songster

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    #1 is a white frizzle cochin
    #2 i have no idea
    #3 blue rosecomb
    #4 Easter

Larkspur it looks like an easter egger or MAYBE an araucana, does it have a tail or not?

7. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Songster

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Nope. Same tail as the other one. Mine was just sitting on his tail. I'm serious. Mine looks the same only mine is a few shades lighter in color.

[​IMG]
    He's actually a medium gray. but I used a camera phone that whitewashed the image. This was 5 days ago. The tail grew out drastically since then.

Okay I went out in the garage and got some more photos in case you are curious but I think they are the same thing! XD And sorry I kind of hijacked your post!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes, we have a tail. [​IMG] The serama was chasing this little thing around and beating it up. So it may be damaged, but doesn't appear so.
    [​IMG]
    Look ma...no comb! I'm not even a chicken! j/k

Last edited: May 18, 2011

8. 1. I don't think it's frizzled, it looks smooth to me?
    2. Probably RIR bantam
    3. Blue rosecomb
    4. EE?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by