What breed are these bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by soukilee93, Oct 11, 2012.

1. soukilee93

soukilee93 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Goochland, VA
    I received these 4 bantams from a friend who had no idea what kind they are and barely knew their ages. Please help me! I would love to know their breeds. Only one of the 3 hens has started laying that I am positive of, though a different egg has appeared.

MR. Snickers (5 months)
    [​IMG]

Acorn (5 months)
    [​IMG]

Lemony Persnicket (laying white eggs-possibly 4-1/2 months)
    [​IMG]

Gingersnap (believe she is laying but not positive brown eggs with blue spots-possibly 4-1/2 months)
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think they're all mixed breed birds.

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    x2

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    The rooster in the first pic looks awfully big for a bantam. I believe the girls are older than 4-5 months because few breeds start laying that young, esp bantams. They are all barnyard mixes.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the 1st looks like it maybe a red sex link but all in all they all appear to be mixes

6. soukilee93

soukilee93 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Goochland, VA
    He is as tall as my standard red stars, but very tiny otherwise. I thought the age had to be off if they were laying. I am guessing the two smaller ones are about 8 months or so since they are both laying. It has been confirmed that the two smaller ones are laying. The rooster and the hen though I still think they are about 5 months or so. The hen has shown no interest in laying as of yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by