What breed are these chickens?

drdn

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2019
Hello!

Can you help me identify these chickens/roosters?

Sorry for the quality of the pics!

20210407_181900.jpg

20210407_181818.jpg

20210407_181652.jpg

20210407_181640.jpg

I see small partial crests, modified combs, single combs, I think clean legs...

Better pics would be needed for any sort of guess. They're mixed breeds. Hard to say what all is in them. Where did they come from? That may help.

I see small partial crests, modified combs, single combs, I think clean legs...

Better pics would be needed for any sort of guess. They're mixed breeds. Hard to say what all is in them. Where did they come from? That may help.
I will try to take better pictures tomorrow. I recently bought them from someone and I don't know where did they come from!
As far as I can see they are definitely a mixed breed, but I'm really interested of knowing what breed combo is this.

They make a lot of eggs even though it's still cold out there. There are 8 chickens and they make 5-7 eggs every day, sometimes even 8 eggs a day.

I will try to take better pictures tomorrow. I recently bought them from someone and I don't know where did they come from!
As far as I can see they are definitely a mixed breed, but I'm really interested of knowing what breed combo is this.

They make a lot of eggs even though it's still cold out there. There are 8 chickens and they make 5-7 eggs every day, sometimes even 8 eggs a day.
Not knowing a background makes it extremely hard to pinpoint a mix. Especially when most chicken breeds don't have many distinguishing characteristics from other breeds. They could be a mix of mixes. It is about like looking at a person and trying to guess their ancestry. I am mostly German. Would you know that by looking at me?

I think I saw a partial crest on one. That means somewhere in that one's background there was likely Polish, Houdan, Sultan, Silkie, Spitz, CCLB, or Crèvecœur. Doesn't look like it was up close as the crest is barely there.

We'll look at better pics and try to guess, but they will be just that: guesses.

10 chickens total?

Back
Top Bottom