What Breed Are These Chicks? 1 wk old CUTE PICS - Beware!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mcf3kids, May 17, 2011.

1. mcf3kids

mcf3kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    [​IMG]
    My name is Betsy - Am I a Rhode Island Red?

[​IMG]
    My name is Esta - Am I a Speckled Sussex - my belly is yellow?

[​IMG]
    My name is Waffles - Am I a Partidge Plymouth Rock?

[​IMG]
    My name is Lola - Am I a Barred Plymouth Rock?

[​IMG]
    My name is Princess - Am I a Rhode Island Red?

[​IMG]
    I don't have a name yet - unnamed #1 - Am I a White Plymouth Rock or a White Leghorn?

[​IMG]
    I don't have a name yet - unnamed #2 - Am I a White Plymouth Rock or a White Leghorn?

[​IMG]
    I don't have a name yet - unnamed #3 - I am blonder than unnamed #1 and #2 and I have a darker yellow stripe down the center of my back. Am I a Gold Buff?

[​IMG]
    My name is Cinnamon - am I the Gold Buff?

Thank you for your help!![​IMG]

2. fifenashia

fifenashia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Eastern Kentucky
    Wish I could help answer some of these but I am horrible at id'ing breeds yet! I just wanted to say that these are the CUTEST babies ever!!! LOVE IT! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing them and I look forward to finding out what they all are.

3. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Wow!!! They r some cute pics and I am jealous of ur photographer abilities! [​IMG] I can't help much with identity except that I don't think Lola is a barred rock...here is a pic of Sweet Pea when she was a baby...the black and white one in the middle

[​IMG]

This is her and her sister Ethyl around 4 or 5 weeks old

[​IMG]

I do think unamed #3 is a gold buff and I think u r right about ur RIR's...they look like mine at least!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. mcf3kids

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks guys - I was wondering about Lola - she is the darkest of my chicks and I ordered one Barred Plymouth Rock so I was thinking it might be her. All the pics I see of baby chicks of that breed are black and she is clearly not black but a deep chocolate. Hmmmm wonder what she is (and where is my Barred Plymouth Rock??) [​IMG]

5. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make u wonder more!! [​IMG] Maybe call the place where u ordered?

6. mcf3kids

Mar 24, 2011
    No worries - they are all gorgeous and doing great so I am happy - it is a fun little game to figure out who is who. The polish sticks out and my ancona is easy to figure out and I have 12 buff orps - having a lot of fun with these babies! No worries at all. [​IMG]

7. Kitty135

Kitty135 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    If it helps, unnamed #3 is a Red Star

8. mcf3kids

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks Wasabi - I think that may have been what they told me they substituted my Wyandotte with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by