What breed are these chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wholeshoe, Mar 19, 2017.

1. wholeshoe

wholeshoe New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    I hatched out some assorted brown egg layers and was wondering what breed they might be. See pics below.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hcdiffner

hcdiffner Just Hatched

Mar 19, 2017
    All I can say for certain is that the big brown chick in the first photo is a duck. :)

Also, the two in the center/second photo are almost certainly Speckled Sussexes.

The goldies could be Red Star. Can't say for certain, though.

1 person likes this.
  3. Minnowey

Minnowey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    I'd like to see a face on photo of the bird next to the duck, please. Also, what hatchery are they from?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. CockFarmer

CockFarmer New Egg

May 7, 2015
    Tx
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please help me identify what the above chick is? Bought her from an assortment Bantem batch at TSC. No feathered feet.

I bought another few bantems today that had exactly the same color features. The only difference is they have feathered shanks. Any idea of what the difference is between the chick with and without feathered shanks in terms of breed? Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the chick with feathered shanks yet.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The above chick is a blueish gray in color also from a batch of bantem straight run.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    too young. Post new photos when they are 6-8 weeks old, and fully feathered out.

6. mannedwolfy

mannedwolfy Just Hatched

Mar 19, 2017
    Hey cockfarmer. Your first one looks like a black sex link.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by