What breed are these chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Stormhorse23, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Whatever they are, they're mean. Dragging the other chicks around by their legs! They killed my silkie baby. Pecked the poor thing to death. What do you think they are? There are 5 almost identical to this one.
    [​IMG]

2. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    I don't know but if they are pecking others...they need to be separated! What kind of brooder do you have them in?? Are they too crowed maybe??

3. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    are they rirs?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

From that pic, looks like a RIR.

5. kelly

kelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Don't tell me RIR's! Thats what I have and 8 of their eggs are in the bator! You mean I may get the chicks from H---!!!! LOL

Kelly

6. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like they may be hawks or something as mean as they are!

7. kayri

kayri Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    RI
    They look like our RIRs. The RIRs were the most agressive of the mixed lot we got (from Agway). When the leghorn baby got a bit of poop on her, they chased her all around until I heard them squawking. I had to wash her off and keep her separate until her feathers dried otherwise I think they would have pecked her to death. I never did see them drag any of the other chicks around by their legs though and there were 10 others. . . One of the two RIRs grew up to be a little friendly, the other is still was quite stand- offish.

8. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    looks/sounds like a RIR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by