What breed are these chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chick on a stick, Apr 20, 2011.

1. chick on a stick

chick on a stick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Hello everyone. My family is new to the world of chickens. We bought some chicks at Atwood Farm and Ranch from the assorted pullets bin. Can y'all please help me identify some of them?

Chick#1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick#2 (Black Star?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick#3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick#4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Group Shot...What all breeds do you see?

[​IMG]

2. chick on a stick

Apr 19, 2011
    Can anyone help?

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The red chicks with the red and black coming in on their wings are Production Reds. The buff with white wings coming in look like gold sexlinks (Golden Comets.) I *think* the chipmunky ones may be golden laced Wyandottes, but I don't have any of those, so I don't know much about them, so don't take my word for it. [​IMG] Oh, and I think the black is a black Austrolorp, but again, I've never had one of those.

4. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    The red ones with the specs on their wings are Production reds/sex link they look just like my girls not sure about the others

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Chick #4 with all the "makeup" on looks like a Buttercup chick.

6. 2many2count

2many2count Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Congrads!!! [​IMG] to your new found addiction....

Depending what color the feet and legs are the black ones might be astrolopes or and I can not think of the name of of chick I am thinking of ugh *old ages strikes*. The red ones can be production reds, rhode island reds, or few others...lol I have learned this the hard way myself. The backyard chickens have a chicken breed chart if I am correct but if you just put in google for chicken breeds there are several places that show the babies and full size chickens. I get a barnyard special and I spend alot of time comparing what I have to what I find online as to the breed...I have to say after a bit the chickens get use to the look overs and the looking at the laptop screen to see if that is what they are. [​IMG] this is a pic of what DH does while I start doing this. But it gives me a chance to mess with them and plus learn few more details all the time about the breeds and what to look for in my new babies I get in. I hope you find out what they are or have fun learning and guessing for a while until they get thru the baby stage and into adulthood.

7. chick on a stick

Apr 19, 2011
    bumping for the night crowd. [​IMG]

8. amydzek

amydzek Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    no idea what you have other than cute babies!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by