What breed are these? & gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buhbuhz24, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Buhbuhz24

Buhbuhz24 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    I have 2 chickens that i got from a farmer 2 days back, but he told us that they were too young to figure out the gender! He also never mentioned an age... so I was wondering how old they look, and what breed they are? Some say the golden/yellowish chicken looks like a comet or BO. Others say the red/brownish one looks like a speckled sussex! Help? & What gender?

*I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures directly on here, but heres a link*

Link; http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Thank
    Youuuuu! [​IMG]

2. Buhbuhz24

Jul 13, 2011
    Any helppp? [​IMG] I'm very new to this kinda thing..

3. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    [​IMG]
    Both pullets! Maybe a brown lehorn and a buff something. I'm not sure on what age 7-12 weeks maybe.

4. Buhbuhz24

Jul 13, 2011
    Ah, thank you! To tell ya the truth, I'm quite glad that you think their both pullets! I was leaning against 7-8 weeks. Buff Orpington maybe? Some say sex-link (comet) & another said the lighter one looks like a speckled sussex! I'm at a lost.. but thank you very much for your comment [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They look like mixes. The red one is a cockerel. I think I see saddle feathers coming in on the buff, so that would make them both males.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by