what breed are these guys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kimt816, Jan 5, 2009.

1. kimt816

kimt816 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    kernersville, nc
    i recently acquired two new hens i have looked at all the breed pages and have no idea what they are I tried to upload them and it wont go ( might be doing it wrong lol) i can email you pictures though can someone please help me id these new girls.
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Are you using BYC's upload page? It's pretty simple.

Once you're there (upload link on the blue bar up near the top of this page), click "browse" to go through your puter for the picture you want. Click the resize button, and scroll to 640x840 so it is good-sized for people to see the picture. Click "submit," and it'll load it. Then when you want to post it to your thread, copy the link next to "Image:", and paste it in your thread.

If that doesn't work, I'll give you my email addy and you can email it to me, though I'm no expert...

Good luck!

3. kimt816

kimt816 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    kernersville, nc
    hi my computer keeps saying i have wrong file type. my email is kimt816@yahoo.com

4. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Kim, I figured out your problem. Your pictures were just too large. I tried to upload them to BYC and got the same error message as you. I resized them on my computer to 640x480 (or something like that), and then tried to upload them again, and it worked.

So....
    Got Kim's pics uploaded for her, but I have no idea what they are. Some kind of game cross is all I can tell. Anyone else?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    And I really think the tall thin one is a rooster... it's got sickle feathers in its tail.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Top pic looks like a cornish game roo.

bottom pic looks like a cornish game X BR roo.

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    they both look like roos, top one looks similar to my clean faced tailed araucana [​IMG] . I have no idea what game birds look like, comb etc. [​IMG] good luck!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  8. SeramaSweetie

SeramaSweetie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2008
    Thomaston, Georgia
    I'd go with what Mahonri said, they look like cornish because the way they're built. Wide legs, big breast, all qualities of cornish.

9. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:I must be part Cornish too then. [​IMG]

10. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I am thinking there is a little game in them...they share some qualities with the cornish...larger legs...flat back...a few breeds have the large round head like cornish...most do not have the large breast...thus...mutts! Glad I could give my 2 cents to confussion

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by