What breed are these ladies?

I can't help you out with the breed of your girls (very pretty!), but you might want to go into the run every day with treats in your pocket. Take a bucket or whatever and just sit out there....very quietly, and talk to them in a low cooing voice. See if they'll come to you for a treat. If they won't at first, just toss a treat to them. If you keep doing this over time they will calm down and come over to you....wishing you all the best!
frow.gif

They both look like mixes to me. They may be game breed mixes, or Easter Eggers (especially the one on the right).

They look like mixed breeds, though closer side profile photos would help be sure of that. Where did you get them from?

They look like mixed breeds, though closer side profile photos would help be sure of that. Where did you get them from?
The whole story of how I got these birds is just frustrating. Originally I had bought what I thought to be 4 Australorp pullets. I paid extra for the older pullets so the farmer could identify their gender. This was my first time ever having/owning chickens so I had no idea what to look for. I raised them for a month and a half, fell in love with them but began to wonder why they weren't laying. Turns out they were ALL roosters! I got a hold of the farmer who claimed that they could not tell by the photos for sure but still thought they were female. I went to exchange them. It was dark but she could tell immediately that my chickens were roosters and beautiful ones at that! She then threw four more birds in a cage and guaranteed once again that they were all hens. One ended up being a boy who I just brought back and got my money back. She informed me that ALL of the pullets I was receiving both times were australorp but you can see that is not the case. Lesson learned though. I will only get chickens from a reputable source. The girls I have are very sweet but I know they are not australorp.. one of them is (not pictured) but that's it.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom