What breed are these little guys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Drivegirl54, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Drivegirl54

Drivegirl54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    Got these from TSC in the assorted pullet bin. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

2. Lil Fudgie

Lil Fudgie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2009
    North central Missouri
    Maybe bantoms or cochins? Other wise i don't know

3. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If that front little yellow one has feathered feet, I would guess a white brahma (only because I have some of those). Whatever they are, they are cute [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

the 1st black chick might be a black australorp. the 2nd black chick looks like a barred rock.

5. Drivegirl54

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    Aw yay! I was hoping for an australorp!!! I know that they aren't bantams. They had those in a bin by themselves. I wanted one really bad but had to have a pullet and they were straight run. No feathered feet so I guess cochin and barred rock maybe? Will be interesting to see what they end up being.

6. charliesgirl

charliesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    i dont know about the cochin theory (sorry), but it might be the angle of the shot, but i don't see any feathered feet or legs, dont cochins have feathered legs and/feet?

7. charliesgirl

charliesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    i dont know about the cochin theory (sorry), but it might be the angle of the shot, but i don't see any feathered feet or legs, dont cochins have feathered legs and/feet?

8. eatmorechicken

eatmorechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Quote:Agreed black austrolorp, Barred rock, And the white ones look like they might be leghorns or rocks. Probably Leghorns. One reason is that they are soo common, and it looks like they got pretty fast feather growth as compaired to a white rock.

9. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Australorp, BR, NOT COCHINS!! Cochins have FEATHERED FEAT!! Leghorns, or White roock maybe on the whites?

10. Drivegirl54

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    So I learn something new everyday. We thought cochins didn't have feathered feet. Of course, the only ones we do know about are buff orps. I took them out last night and let them play and checked again, definitely no feathered feet.

Thanks guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by