What breed are these roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Sep 2, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Need some help trying to figure out what these guys are? They are about 5 months old. Two I can tell are Barred Rock and cant tell what the other two are the tail feathers are coming in green. Please help thanks..
    Jessica

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chikman

chikman Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2009
    douglas
    looks like barred rocks

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Nope, the first one is a Black Sexlink rooster, not a pure Barred Rock. See how silvery white he is in the hackles? Indicates a sexlink rooster. In the 3rd pic, the two on the right are pure BRs.

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Thanks guys [​IMG]. Much appreciated I have to seperate with three of the four of these boys and wanted to know who was what. The thing is I should keep the pure BR's I just cant seem to seperate from the mixed breed roo! The one that I had posted the pic of just his head is such a good roo at such a young age! If the other boys are picking on one of the hens he runs over and protects his girls! But yet he is so easy to handle and if the kids or I are messing with his girls he looks and goes the other way. We can pick him up and carry him around tho he is HEAVY!! At 24 weeks he is so nice I hate to part with him! Opinions should I keep the Sexlink? Or keep the pure bred BR?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by