1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

what breed are these roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by koolsz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. koolsz

koolsz New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    Hi guys i'm new at this and i have no idea what kind of breed these roosters are. my mom's ex bf got them from a friend and they never said what kind they are so it's anyones guess lol. i'd really appreciate any help plz thx.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    These are purely guesses, since I'm no expert, but the first looks like a blue Andalusian and the second looks like some sort of game. They're pretty!

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    how tall is the 2nd one? it reminds me of a malay, shamo, or asel (sp of all 3 of those) so at least a mix at the most of some sort of game. cant really help with the 1st on but it looks like it could a blue aldesion(sp) looks like he might have leg mites with the way his legs look to

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I suspect that these may be mixed breeds. The first one looks like it could be a dark Blue Andalusian, but that comb is throwing me off. Is it a regular straight comb or a large rose comb? Andalusians have straight combs.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. koolsz

koolsz New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    wow you guys know your poultry lol @hdowden i'm not exactly sure how tall the second one is but he is taller than the first by 1 or 2 inches (maybe a little more) but i'll definitley look into the leg mites. how would you get rid of leg mites if your rooster have them? oh and thx for the tips guys.

6. koolsz

koolsz New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    i'll take a better look tomorrow and post it on here and maybe add a few more better pics

7. Just Because

Just Because Out Of The Brooder

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I agree that the first one looks like a blue Rosecomb and the second looks like a game type of some sort. It would be easier to tell if we had a side shot of him standing naturally. I see him in the back of the first pic but it's really hard to tell much from that.

9. koolsz

koolsz New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    here are some more pics guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here's a bonus for you guys lol.
    [​IMG]

10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Oooo, yeah, those are Rosecombs. Thanks for the closer pics, that really helps being able to see the comb.

I'd say you have a black, a splash, a silver duckwing, and a gold-laced one with very bad lacing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by