What breed are these two ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by yook2000, Jun 6, 2011.

1. yook2000

yook2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    I bought some muscovy eggs from ebay, but these two ducks were hatched in 28 days. One is yellow, and one is gray. They grow very fast. They are only 10 days old now, but nealry 3 times biger than the 4 days onld muscovy ducks I bought.

I asked the ebay seller what breed they were? She told me they were runner. While runner is usually smaller than Muscovy, so I doubt they might be other breeds. I even guess they might be a small breed of geese, because they are huge compared to other ducks. If any one can see their breed through the pictures, please let me know. Thank you.

The small duckling is 4 days old Muscovy, which I bought from the farm.
    [​IMG]

The gray duckling hatched in 28days too. She is smaller than the yellow big duckling, but she is still huge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two black and yellow ducklings beside the big one are hatched in 32 days. I guess they are muscovy cross. If you can see their breed, please tell me too.
    [​IMG]

2. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    the big one looks pekin to me and the grayish one kind of looks like it is standing tall so i am going to guess that one is a runner. i have no idea what color it is, maybe blue trout?

3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    the one on the top of this pic is blue trout
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by