What breed are these two ladies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by egieseggs, Feb 2, 2013.

1. egieseggs

egieseggs New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    Easter Egger??? The first one lays a light tan egg and the second a shiny brown egg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    The first definately looks like an EE'r, the second one most likely a EEr but not sure.

3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, you're right, both Easter Eggers!

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    First is EE, the second is either sex link with unusual amount of brown(most have less brown but this much does happen occasionally) OR a mix out of heavy breeds/sex links.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They both look like mixed breeds to me. The first has some ee ancestry, and may in fact be from a hatchery, but if she doesn't lay green eggs to me it's just a mixed breed bird. Others will probably argue semantics on that, I've no doubt.

I agree, the second bird may be some mix of a black sex link, or again just a nice mixed breed hen.

6. egieseggs

egieseggs New Egg

Jan 21, 2013
    Thanks!

7. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    hatchery stock EE not infrequently produce brown/tan eggers. not sure how many hatcheries make an effort to make sure they all lay blue/green shades also it's to encourage 'full variety of color eggs for pretty easter like egg baskets'.

there is no standard for EE anyways, then no semantics to be had anyways... ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by