What breed are these two?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stokesdalefunnyfarm, Jan 22, 2012.

1. stokesdalefunnyfarm

stokesdalefunnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2011
    Stokesdale, NC
    Several weeks ago, I bought 5 laying hens. I know the other 3 breeds, but not sure about these two birds. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Off the top of my head (I'm just guessing its the first breed that comes to mind) is production red, we have one like that but lighter

3. bluestar.ranch

bluestar.ranch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    Belville Tx
    cant tell for sure.. LOOKS like a partridge something Plymouth Rock? or maybe even a mixed with partridge of something mixed in... good luck

4. broodybantam

broodybantam Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    First one is a black sex link, and the second looks like some sort of partridge hen, maybe a "rock"

5. broodybantam

broodybantam Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    Just to say black sex links are a cross between A rir roo and a barred rock hen

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    The top one looks like a Black Sexlink and the second could be a Partridge Rock or maybe a Barnevelder.

That's just one of the crosses. This thread gives more examples and tons of amazing info on sex linked crosses.

7. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

they both look like sex links. the 2nd having a partridge parent

8. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Partridge is not a sex linked trait. #2 is probably a partridge rock as she looks very much like mine; the second looks like a black sex link with a LOT of red leakage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by