1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed are these white roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 4Hchickenproject, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    And they could be mix...have no idea if they are purebred anything. They've been visiting my farm daily since they discovered my hens. They come from a neighbor's house a good distance away, stay all day, then go home at dusk. I asked my neighbor, she has no idea what they are, she just got them -- unfortunately -- to keep the ticks and fleas out of HER yard. I'm curious because my hens free-range during the day and obviously, fertilized eggs will be either theirs or my own roo's. I would like them gone so I would know what possible chicks would be, but the neighbor does like I do, turns them out daily, and she doesn't want to keep them up. If I ever do have opportunity to incubate, I'll just have to keep my hens and roo up for a while.

Thanks!

Picture

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    leghorns? leg color is not yellow though....

3. Buff Oreo

Buff Oreo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Iowa
    i would say that this chicken is probably a phoenix mixed with a leghorn or cornish. there might be some andalusian blood in there too.

4. They look like young cockerels. My guess from those photos are white leghorns.

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I dont think their leghorns, I dont see white earlobes

6. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    I checked, they do have white earlobes. They are considerably smaller than my hens, but they are older, because my neighbor had them, and they were grown, before I got my chicks in April. Skin on their legs is pale-pinkish.

I can't get close enough to get a good pic [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    They aren't the right shape for leghorns, either. I'd say a cross.

8. AbbeAbbe

AbbeAbbe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2015
    Hello All,
    Do any of you know where I can get white rooster feathers?
    I need these in particular, ideally tail feathers. I am in the Los Angeles area, and need these for creative/ceremonial purposes.
    Would so appreciate any leads.
    My thanks!
    AbbeAbbe

9. Justoneoldchick

Justoneoldchick New Egg

Nov 9, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    These look like the one I got recently. [​IMG]
    He was a rescue, found half dead with a hen on Halloween night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by