1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed are these?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickdaddy103, Dec 11, 2016.

1. chickdaddy103

chickdaddy103 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2016
    I've been trying ever since I got these little rescues to determine what they are. Every time I think I pin it down they grow a little and completely make me rethink the whole process. Any ideas as to what they are?
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Where did you get them? It is possible that they are mixes.

3. chickdaddy103

Nov 27, 2016
    I actually rescued them from a roadside stand. It's was 40 something degrees out and had no heater, in an open hamster cage, and near death when I got to them. I was thinking possibly mutts but to the same degree i don't really know.

4. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    That was very kind of you to "adopt" them! In on of the pictures it looks like one of them has "puffy" cheeks, do any really have puffy cheeks? It would be great to see pictures of them as the grow!

5. chickdaddy103

Nov 27, 2016
    Yes! The buff colored one definitely has some muff or beard growing, which is perplexing considering I had no idea there was any Aracauna or Easter egged color pattern like this. I will definitely post more pictures as the grow, I have been every two weeks so far.

6. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Probably an Easter Egger or an Ameraucana mix, what comb type does it have? Does it have green legs?

7. Chicken Girl1

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Here are some pictures of my old hen Chipmunk
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She didn't lay green/blue eggs, she didn't have a pea comb, and didn't have green legs, so I think she is a very mixed mix who had some sort of Ameraucana or Easter Egger ancestry.

8. chickdaddy103

Nov 27, 2016
    The legs are just standard white/pink, con has yet to develop yet. The comb that has developed resembles that of a wyondette to a degree..

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by