1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what breed are these? :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bluefeather2697, Dec 2, 2011.

1. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    hi, i found this pic on an online poultry shop, im interested but im not sure of their breeds. as far as i know, they're all brown layers [​IMG] thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Delaware, barred rock, redstar. All I could think of.

3. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Here's what I think, though I may be wrong - Starting at the top from left to right: Delaware, have no idea what that one is, Brown Leghorn, (maybe Andalusian? But no white earlobes... maybe a skinny Blue Orpington [​IMG]) some sort of sexlink, and Plymouth Rock. All of those would lay brown eggs except the leghorn. I don't think the leghorn-looking one is a Welsummer because it has white earlobes. The blue one looks like an Andalusian but is has red ear lobes...

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Clockwise from top. 1-could be Delaware or Columbian Plymouth Rock. 2- Barred Plymouth Rock. 3- not sure maybe Amber link or some other production cross. 4- some kinda blue, maybe Delaware Blue. 5- Brown Leghorn (white egg layer). 6- Black Sex link (or Black Star), but could be some other production cross. From the pic the color looks more like Birchen color.

5. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    thanks for you replies! [​IMG]) anymore guesses? [​IMG][​IMG]

6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Quote:x2

7. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The top on eis definitely NOT a Delaware. It's a Columbian colored bird, Delawares are not Columbian colored, they should have barred feathers on their necks, roos have barred tailed, hens black. Next is a barred rock, then I'm not sure what that is colored like a male red sexlink, maybe a tetra tint or Amberlink? Next (clockwise) I have no idea what the blue one is, then brown Leghorn, then Rhode Island Red.

8. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    ............................. Light Sussex..............................

..........Black Sex-link....................Barred Rock..........

.........Brown Leghorn..................amber link............

...........................Blue Andalusian.........................

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  9. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The "black" bird is a black sex link.

Going clockwise, it's a columbian rock. It has yellow legs and a single comb, it's the only breed that fits. Wyandottes have rose combs and sussex have pink/white shanks. Delawares black markings on the tail and hackles are barred, this bird is a true columbian color.

Barred rock.

Amber link.

I'm going to guess blue plymouth rock. It is not an andalusian since it's earlobes are red and it's comb isn't floppy. It's not an Iowa Blue as they are birchen in color. It's too thin and small for an Orpington.

Brown leghorn.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

If they are supposed to be brown egg layers, the white earlobes one could be a Pendenesca. They are the only white ear lobed brown egg layer that I know of.
    I have no clue what the wheaten colored one on the lower right-handed corner is. Maybe some sort of hatchery hybrid? Where did this template come from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by