What breed are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bmmjz Chicks, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Bmmjz Chicks

Bmmjz Chicks Out Of The Brooder

We purchased three chickens a few weeks ago and the lady didn't know what breed two of them were. Can you please help?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Jersey Giant (or Australorp, I can't see what color the feet are) and GoldenLace Wynadotte

3. Micki21965

Micki21965 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    Channahon, Illinois
    Are the bantams or standards? My guess is an black star sex link or australorp, and the second a golden laced wyandotte. It's really hard to tell not being able to see the whole body and tail. Do either have feathered legs?

4. Bmmjz Chicks

The Black one has feathered legs and they are both standards.

5. Bmmjz Chicks

Here is another picture of the black one.
    [​IMG]

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The first one having feathered legs and a rose comb looks like a mix, and the other is a Golden Laced Wyandotte.

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st a mix and the 2nd looks like a golden laced wyandotte

8. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep agreed!

9. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Second is defiantly a Golden Laced Wyandotte(so happy my knowledge of chicken breeds is coming along[​IMG]) The first i thought was an Australorp but she has feathered feet so I'm going to say a mix (just like everyone else. LOVE the Golden Laced Wyandotte though (i would reallly like to get one...... or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 etc etc)

10. Bmmjz Chicks

Any way to guess the mix of the black one? The lady i purchased it from thought it might be a black autralorp but is there a way to tell what it is mixed with? Thanks for all the input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by