What breed are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cherig22, Sep 7, 2008.

1. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    I have looked on Google and cannot ID them. They are very streamlined, and now about six months old. Thanks for the help!

Cheri

About four months old here, the grey one is the unknown.....
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic.....

[​IMG]

one more.....the most recent

[​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Grey, American gamefowl.. In my opinion. would say "Old englishs" but old englishs. do not have blue legs.. just white, Black, and...well blue. but only white in her variety. which is (Silver duckwing)

3. cherig22

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    Thank you very much. I sure wish one of them had been a rooster, I googled and they are beautiful.

I was also wondering about leg color, one has blue legs and the other has yellow legs.

Cheri

4. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    a cross breed of some game chicken. The one reminds me of my daughter old english bantam.

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Silver duckwing oegb.

6. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Blue and yellow legs, and large fowl.. Their American games.. Not OEGBs, or Old englishs [​IMG] i raise both of them.

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Blue and yellow legs, and large fowl.. Their American games.. Not OEGBs, or Old englishs [​IMG] i raise both of them.

Those absolutely do not look to be large fowl birds. I would be extremely surprised if they were. A SQ bird should have shanks that are "white, tinged with pink", but if they came from a hatchery (or any other non show line), you should know that they are obviously going to be somewhat varied from the standard. You cannot expect every bird that doesn't exactly match all color standards for an oegb to be an american game. I understand that you raise them, but this is JMHO.

8. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.

Those absolutely do not look to be large fowl birds. I would be extremely surprised if they were. A SQ bird should have shanks that are "white, tinged with pink", but if they came from a hatchery (or any other non show line), you should know that they are obviously going to be somewhat varied from the standard. You cannot expect every bird that doesn't exactly match all color standards for an oegb to be an american game. I understand that you raise them, but this is JMHO.

Those are 6 month old pullets and my OEGB rooster, would come up to right below their wings (i had some pullets in there, their age.. awhile ago because they kept finding a way in the pen somehow). i understand your opinion, and will respect it. But since their color resembles the American gamefowl (and height), Not to mention the leg color of mine. i will stick to mine [​IMG]

9. cherig22

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    They are smaller than my Marans and Welsummers, I bought them at Orcheln's so they are from a local hatcher. Very skittish, just like my Faverolle. But they all get along, lol.

Cheri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by