1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed are they?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Courthamilton, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Courthamilton

Courthamilton Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2016
    Bearden, AR
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking the one that's different is a mallard. Just can't figure out what the other two are. Their feet are black with a little pink.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    The different one is too big to be a mallard, it's probably a rouen. The other too I'm not sure.

3. PepperM

PepperM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2016
    Omaha, NE
    I'm kind of wondering myself what I have. I *think* I have a drake and duck but breed? Can I declare CUTE BUT STINKY a breed? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pepper

4. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

The two that look alike look like Magpies! My favorite breed of duck! I really think the other is a rouen or mallard!

5. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    They look to be pekins and honestly with ducks you either have to wait for the quack or wait until they are full grown at about 5-6 months to tell the gender, but guessing doesn't hurt :).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  6. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Im going to agree with the rouen statement it is much to big to be a mallard duckling at this age.

The other 2 look to be magpies.

7. emily2arceneaux

emily2arceneaux Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2016
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG]

I was wondering about my little light colored baby here. The other should be mallards. But time will tell. I'm just not so sure about the lighter one.

8. DisneyGal25

DisneyGal25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2014

I would say Ancona's or Magpies! They look a lot like our Ancona/Cayuga crosses that just hatched. [​IMG]

9. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

I really think their magpies. I've never seen an ancona with such uniformed coloring in the places magpies have coloring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by