What breed are we? Buff color

heybarb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North Carolina
I had a friend drop off these two girls at our house this weekend. They were "Easter" chicks for her kids! GRRR! Any way, she's had them since they were day old chicks, the first week of April. So that makes them about 8 - 9 weeks old.

Here's another shot of the same two...I'm assuming they are girls!?!?

Both girls, and Buff Orpingtons. :)

At least they kept them alive.. Most people that get them as Easter presents don't know that chicks need a heat source. They look happy and healthy. Good thing they have you now!

Thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. When she dropped off the chicks, she also gave me about a 1/2 bag of Layer food that they've been eating...maybe that's why they look skinny to me! Or maybe they're supposed to be thin like that?!?

Thanks!  That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.  When she dropped off the chicks, she also gave me about a 1/2 bag of Layer food that they've been eating...maybe that's why they look skinny to me!  Or maybe they're supposed to be thin like that?!?

They don't look thin for their age. They should not be on layer, but I don't think they look like they've been too affected. :)

My Buff Orpington is huge! My buffy is about that same age! I'll go take a picture of her and post in under here in just a few!

This is my Buffy, she was born 4-21-12. She is the biggest chicken we have, we bought her with 6 others (Barred Plymoth Rock, RIR, Golden Comet, Amberlink, and a black austrolorp) and she has always been a good bit bigger then them.

My Buff Orpington is huge! My buffy is about that same age! I'll go take a picture of her and post in under here in just a few!
You wanna talk huge:
_MG_7801.jpg
:gig This is my hen Olive. Probably close to a year old now. She has always been a little 'beefy'

Last edited:
Wow, she's pretty! My two new ones are about a month younger than my other chicks, so they look small to me. They aren't that much bigger than my OEGB cockeral...here's one of them sitting on the roost with him last night.

Back
Top Bottom