What breed are we? ..Can you tell gender yet?(*ADDED BETTER PICS*)

jacca5

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hodgenville, KY
I bought these new babies today and I have tried to research to find out what breed they are. I have come up with a few idea's but would like to know if anyone knows for sure. Thanks a bunch.
smile.png

chicks005.jpg

chicks004.jpg

chicks003.jpg

chicks002.jpg

chicks001.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I do see that now. I got so excited about getting them that I have missed so much. While looking at that one I noticed that the lightest colored one has feathers on it's feet. And in these breeds is there any way to tell the sex is yet and I am also not sure how old they are.

I don't have a guess - but I think you have a nifty looking mix. If the suggestions of Easter Eggers, Barred Rock and now maybe a feather footed (cochin or brahma maybe??) would be right you'd have a laying flock I'd love to have myself.
smile.png
Enjoy!!

Hmmm, I see ibuprofen is on sale for $2.99. I must go get some!
wink.png

I can't help ID your babies but they are very cute! I can hardly wait till mine arrive.

That black with the barred wings and headspot could also be a Dominique if it has a rose comb rather than a single comb-couldn't see the comb in the pics. The eyeliner chick appears to be an Easter Egger and the feather legged one looks like a Lt Brahma, possibly, but with sparse leg feathering, like many hatchery Brahmas, mine included.

I got the chicks from an amish feed store and I looked at the list of chicks that he ordered I don't remember seeing Brahmas on there that is what I have now nor did I see Dominiques which is what I thought I have one of. However after looking at the comb on my hen and comparing her to pics on here I am thinking maybe she isn't a dominiue but when we bought her that is what they said she was now I am totally LOST!
sad.png

Well I went out and took pics of the hens I have maybe ya'll can let me know if she is a Dominiue or not and help me out on the rest as well. Atleast two I think are Brahma's and I have one that looks the same but has no feathering on her feet. As far as the roo and the two white hens I have no idea. Thanks to everyone for all of the help as you can see I am just learning but I am trying.
big_smile.png

hens008.jpg

hens003.jpg

hens002.jpg

hens004.jpg

hens001.jpg

hens005.jpg

hens006.jpg

hens007.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom