What Breed are we???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Nov 4, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    OK these are the last 2 I have NO clue what they are. They are only 8 weeks old and are HUGE they are a little bald on the backs yet but big BOYS!! I want to let my girls show and sell them at the fair in Feb I Have TO MANY ROOS. Check in is tomorrow night I need to be able to say this is a ______ type Cockrel. PLEASE WHAT ARE THEY??? The pictures arent that great it was getting dark if you need better pics I will try to get some but I dont know if I can before I have to load everyone up for check in tomorrow!

This guy is all black but has white tips on his wing feathers. He is HUGE like I said only 8 weeks old and he is atleast double the size of say my barred rock pullets. Oh yeah getting him to stand still was IMPOSSIBLE!! The first picture the flash went off he looks like he has white in him but he doesnt only on the wing tips!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok this guy I have NO IDEA again. But like the other Roo he is HUGE and twice the size of everyone else. I was wondering if he is a gold laced Wyndottie? HELP HELP HELP [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

3. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Whoopsy I thought I was there thanks for moving me whoever did!!!

4. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Anyideas HELP???? (bump lol)

5. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    Black sexlinks?

6. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    they both look like mixes to me.
    the second one doesn't quite look like a black sex link, but it's definitely a mix.

maybe partially black australorp?

7. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Your roosters might be black copper marans. My bcm rooster looked just like your first roo. He had the white on his wings too. I thought he looked like a mocking bird. Here is a picture of him as a chick and an adult.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Oh, and he is about twice the size of our White Rock Pullets. [​IMG]

9. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

If he is so big he could be a jersey giant, or an australorp... they also have white tips on their wings.
    The hen is probably a Black Sex link.

10. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    He's not a JG or an Australorp he has light legs and neither of those do. Possibly a JG type mix..size of a JG and legs of another.My JG's 9 weeks are bigger than most of my full grown hens now.None of our JG's have had the white on the wings but our BA's do at those young ages.
    Also the second looks like a mix as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by