What breed are we?

Parkers*momma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Continental Ohio
My 9 year old daughter is totally into chickens. She's been collecting and raising them for about 4 years. These ones I don't have a clue to either the breed or the coloring. Could someone please help her out identifying them.

her frizzle:
100_1836.jpg

her lil bantam rooster:
100_1846.jpg

Her lil bantam hen:
100_1844.jpg

Her polish rooster: what color would he be?
100_1868.jpg

100_1867.jpg

Thanks for your help in indentifying them/
smile.png

The polish look's to be a mix of silver laced and golden but other breed's can affect colring as well even if one was non polish.The frizzle doesn't look to be a bantam size and with the comb it look's to me maybe a Silkie or Standard Buttercup/Frizzle mix mix.The Roo is An Old English.And then hen Not sure .I Have had standard Barred rock's before but not bantam.They are alll nice looking bird's.Maybe lot's of other people can give you an opnion I just know what mixe's or bird's I have raised.I hope you daughter enjoy's them.They seem really tame and cool with her.And she's a doll too.Thank's for sharing the pic's with Us.
'

the little bantam hen looks like a cuckoo marans to me because of the pattern and white legs. Barred rock would have yellow legs. The comb is kind of throwing me off, though.
All of your birds are beautiful!
big_smile.png

Thank you! Parker spends every free minute with her babies as she calls them. She handles all of her babies and several of them come by name especially the polish, cochin, and d'uccle she has.

The frizzle was given to her with a bantam white cochin hen as his mate. He's not as big as my standards but does fit the size of a silkie. That would definitely explain the wierd comb.

The lil black and white hen came with the Old English, she really wants to show them at the fair next year but if they aren't the same breed then that nixes that idea.

Angel, the polish is VERY docile...another one she wanted to use for 4-H next year but it sounds as though it's a no go too.

I guess we will be adding a couple to her flock if she wants to show the lil bantams.
smile.png

The little barred girl is a Barred Old English Game bantam. They are the same breed, but not the same variety. Couldn't she show them separately?

Last edited:
The first picture looks to me like a buttercup silkie cross. He looks very much like mine who is a buttercup cross. He has the white earlobes like the buttercups and the same crest that mine has. Sorry about the sideways pic.

54290_dscf7048.jpg

54290_march_046.jpg

54290_march_045.jpg

Last edited:
the frizzle is a sizzle x with something else, not a first cross sizzle.

birchen oeg rooster

cuckoo dutch (?)

the polish is a cuckoo with mahogany bleeding out...

Quote:
I wish she could but our 4-H board only allows pairs of the same breed/same variety. Definitely makes it hard. She loves both of the bantams so much and they are so tame, she would have a blast showing them. But it sounds like it's not going to be a possibility. darn...both of them are so darn cute too.

Back
Top Bottom