1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed Are We??!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ameraucanaluv98, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ameraucanaluv98

ameraucanaluv98 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2013
    HELP!: I just learned that pullets are female chicks, so I have no clue what the black chicks are then, I thought a pullet was a breed lol and I don't even know what Bantams are, if there are different types or somthing! HELP PLEASE! Thank you :3

[​IMG]

2. White Leghorn

White Leghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Yes, female chicks/chickens are called pullets. And yes, bantams are a different "breed". They are smaller than regular chickens and lay smaller eggs. Id your question what breed they are?

3. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't really tell by the picture, do you have any that show the head and legs? A lot of chicks that are just sold as 'pullets' are usually a production breed.

4. ameraucanaluv98

ameraucanaluv98 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2013
    I went back there today to buy three more of the black ones (I named them Star, Diamond, and I forget the other ones name XP) and they are called Black Giants :) But thank you for your help! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by