What breed? bantam mix - mille fluer and game hen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Grindlefamily, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    What breed of bantam is this?

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

I might be getting chicks from these and was curious what they were.

Louella

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    Anyone with any ideas?? LOL I'm going to pick up some chicks in a bit and am hoping for the best.

Louella

3. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    I am not sure but I know I how much I hate it when no one responds to my posts So I will take a crack at it and say. They could be Buff Brahma bantams though its hard to tell from the pictures they are pretty chickens whatever they are. Are they your chickens? A better pic of the rooster would help alot.
    Good Luck

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    They look like they could be buff brahmas, but better pics would help.

5. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    well - we went out and picked up two chicks - one is around 14 or so weeks (my guess - as the lady we got her from said she is about as big as she will get) and the other is probably 6 -8 weeks as it is fully feathered. They are beautiful, and I asked her what they were. She said they were Mille Fluers mixed with a game hen - not sure how many generations mixed. She had quite a few running around. There was a momma hen with at least 5 maybe 6 bitty babies with her. The lady we got them from was great - she snagged 4 last night for us to pick from - all feather footed (my daughter is very excited). If anyone else in Maine is looking for some, let me know - I'll send you the lady's email addy.

I'll try to get pictures later.

Louella

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by