What breed chick looks like a chipmunk

TwoChicks

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2010
Greer, SC
I have a picture of it, but it's deceased, so I didn't want to post that unless requested ...

It's very small, so looks like a bantam. but is colored very similar to a chipmunk.

patandchickens

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Quite a lot of different breeds have that chipmunk-colored chick down, so unfortunately it is probably not going to be possible to identify it for sure (was this, like, a McMurray 'rare exotic free chick' type thing?)

Sorry,

Pat

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
Hmmm...very small could be Sebright or Old English Game Bantam.

Generally I think Easter Egger or Ameraucana for chipmunk, but small sized, I would say one of the above. Probably OEGB.

popcornpuppy

Songster
10 Years
Jun 19, 2009
Holland, Massachusetts
I hate to say it but there are many breeds that look like little chipmunks. EE's, and brown leghorns are 2 types that I have that looked like chipmunk-chicks. I know there are other breeds with similar apperiances as baby chicks. Sorry, I guess that's not much help.

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Basically any bird that grows up to have a partridge-looking color, or duckwing, even gold laced, or black breasted red, all have the chipmunk look at a young age. So, that narrows down to ALOT of breeds.
smile.png

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
Campine?

Mama to-
2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Silkies, 2 Modern Game Banties, 1 Black Sumatra, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Bearded Buff Laced Polish, and 1 Birchen OEG banty, 1 horse (soon to be 2) 3 cats, 1 dog, and several fish.

Top Bottom