What breed/color is this pair of ducks. Help I think they are not what I think

r4eboxer

Crooked Creek Poultry
8 Years
Sep 20, 2011
Fairmont

I just got this pair form Holderread's, I know what they say they are but I'm not an expert on ducks or colors. I posted this pic on facebook and some of my friends commented about the birds and I actually was expecting a different looking pair.

So all of you experts out there what breed and color are these ducks? I'll revel what they are suppose to be after I get a fair amount of comment. I am a novice at colors so I want to see what you all think before I ask Wanita about them.

How can you judge size? There is nothing to compare size with? Personally I think the male is a Welsh Harlequin, but the female, not so sure.

How can you judge size? There is nothing to compare size with? Personally I think the male is a Welsh Harlequin, but the female, not so sure.
post 5 says they are a bantam, plus if you compare them to the size of the openings in the fence they are small. Way too small to be W.H. There are several breeds with that coloring in the males.

I will say that on Facebook someone commented that they look like Mallards, I know they are not mallards completely but could they be a mix? Someone also said they looked like her silver appleyards. I know Holddereads knows what they are doing and I do not. I just expected a different color. Any other guesses? Oh and this is not the breed I had reserved as my adult elite show quality birds. I originally wanted their ESQ silver appleyards and they did not have them so they offered this pair of ESQ instead. So I don't know the breed or coloring AT ALL

They do look like silver appleyards, the male more than the female to me, but it is not a great pic of the feamale so hard to tell. They do have mini silver appleyards so maybe?

Back
Top Bottom