What breed could these guys be

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by judial8907, Aug 10, 2011.

1. judial8907

judial8907 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I know that dad is a Black Silkie (the only roo in the coop) The little yellow one has 5 toes on each foot (from dad) and orange feathered legs. And the little red one has 5 toes on each foot and like slate colored feathered legs. Perhaps my little yellow one is a silkie/sex-linked cross it does have the spots on the head but they are black (a reverse Sex-linked [​IMG] ) Does anyone wanna guess, I have no clue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Potential moms could be
    White Leghorn
    Black Sex linked
    RIR
    Light Brahma
    Phoenix
    Black Cochin
    SL Polish
    Buff Brahma
    Blue Silkie (I doubt because the eggs were brown and bigger than her)

2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Well my first guess would be to rule out you blue silkie hen, I don't think she could be the mother of any of them unless they have black skin and feet/legs.

So I would guess that the red babie would be a RIR mix and the yellow/blue chick is a ?Buff or light brahma mix.

could ya post more pics at round 3/4 weeks old might be able to get a better idea then but they are such cuties!

3. judial8907

judial8907 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Yeah I can do that, but unfortuneatly they are only 1 and 2 days old right now. The yellow one does have dark skin but cam out of a large brown egg [​IMG] I will definately be taking more pics and posting them as they grow. [​IMG]

4. OkChickenNerd

OkChickenNerd Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2011
    Texoma, Oklahoma
    First one I would agree RIR mix.... kinda looks like the coloration of a gold duck wing OEG....

Second one I am not sure.... we are in the same boat with that one!

5. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Here is some of my chicks at hatch, I was so hoping for SF/Silkie mixes but no dice, LOL oh well. but see the foot coloring?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here they are as of last week at 8 weeks old.
    [​IMG] Sandy

So Im sticking with the brahma therory for now. LOL

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Could very well be, I don't know that much about the games so you could be right?
    Though she doesn't have Oeg on her list does she? gonna go look. LOL

7. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Nope not on the list. Oops sorry! didn't even realize that phoenix was a game bird sorry.

8. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Also the Brahma mommas light Brown egg sounds right too, my girls laid large light brown eggs, but it says Med/large eggs for them so that makes since also.

Hope that helps ya some!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by