1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed could this one be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Peggi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Peggi

Peggi Just Hatched

Mar 2, 2013
    My baby Australorps arrived today. Everyone is in great shape, settling in, eating and drinking. I got them from McMurray Hatchery who sends a Rare Breed Chick with orders over 25 (I think). Anyway, there's this odd-looking ugly duckling among my beauties. He has a poofy head and side burns, is the only yellow fellow among my dark girls. He has feathered legs, too, and a distinct dark spot on his back between his wings and the back of his head. He's kind of bossy - that's why I've decided he's a he and not a she.

Does anyone know what breed he might be? I've searched feathered legged large breeds on McMurray and didn't find a chick that looks like this. Obviously, they have them, though.

Thanks for looking.

Peggi[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    salmon favorelles, it has 5 toes and a beard.
    ones in pictures are bantams
    [​IMG]

3. Peggi

Peggi Just Hatched

Mar 2, 2013
    Oh my goodness! They're beautiful! Our little guy does indeed have too many toes. He's full size, not a bantam. I hope he turns out to be sweet. (-:

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Good Luck!! :)

5. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Oh he's SO Cute! You're really lucky, they are supposed to be a wonderful breed. Sweet temperment and a beautiful to boot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by