What breed did I buy from TSC? PICS!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by muscovy94, Feb 23, 2015.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6753314/width/200/height/400[/MG]
    [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6753318/width/200/height/400
    Any idea what breed these guys are? My TSC has these kind and Pekins. I know they're not Pekins because if you look close enough at their faces they have very light faint stripes, kinda like rouens and mallards have. But of course to the employee at TSC they were all pekins.....

2. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Also their beaks are darker than the pekins they had

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They sure are pretty, could they be Buffs?

[​IMG]

4. harkey1995

harkey1995 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2015
    It's a little wet from plying in its water.. but this is a baby white pekin. he/she dose have some of the brownish features so i think it could be possible? I don't know but my pekin dose have some brownish characteristics. But he/she is definitely a white pekin know the breeder that i purchased from. "the brown is a tractor supply mystery as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    They are so cute!

buff is a possibility.. though that would be unusual i would think at a tractor supply? they are not common ducks. What do they sell, surely there must be a list. They still look Pekin to me, they can have a undertone of buff/brown i see enough of them, my one mill is owned by a large duck producer who markets only Pekin two strains so they often have ducklings in there.

6. cottontail farm

cottontail farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2014
    Rural NW Pa
    The dark splotches on the face and light chests in the third picture remind me of the ducklings i bought at tsc last spring. They all turned out to be fawn and white runner ducks. There was one light yellow pekin in my batch and after the first week you could really see how upright the baby runners stood vs the pekin. Also that one little guy in the third pic sure seems to be standing upright.

1 person likes this.
  7. harkey1995

harkey1995 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2015
    I just noticed in the second picture the duck in the bottom right looks like a baby chicken lol [​IMG]

8. campbell5

campbell5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Arkansas
    I had the same issue. I went in, bought 6 ducklings: a mallard, two rouens, two khakis, and a pekin. That's what I asked for.

I got: a mallard, two rouens, a khaki, a pekin, and what is turning out to look just like a white and fawn runner.

We took to calling her Blue because her beak looks bruise colored and the Pekin very clearly has a pink beak.

[​IMG]

Excuse the dirty water, ducks are messy! Blue is on the far right and she is about 4 weeks old.

9. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    "Blue" looks like a welsh harlequin to me.

1 person likes this.
  10. campbell5

campbell5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Arkansas
    Oh!! That looks much closer! Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by