What breed do I have here!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NicolleJean, Oct 15, 2016.

1. NicolleJean

NicolleJean Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2016
    South Jersey
    Hi everyone! These are my newest group of birds ( I've previously owned buff orpingtons and while I was obsessed with them, they ALL turned out to be roosters and were given to a nice man with much more land than I have). Can anyone tell me what breed of chicken I have here? Her name is Dolly :) [​IMG][/IMG]

2. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

She looks like a lighter colored Red Sex Link or maybe a Buff Chantecler. I'm not positive though, so anyone else got any thoughts? Love the name and :welcome too!

3. NicolleJean

Oct 15, 2016
    South Jersey
    Thank you!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Can you put up a better photo, she looks asleep on her feet. Would like to see a natural stance with her head up and eyes open. Also a shot of her comb

5. tashKauai

tashKauai Just Hatched

Oct 14, 2016
    Kauai
    @drumstick diva
    Any guesses on the breed of these two? I think I've got my other 7 pegged but these two are still a mystery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon

[​IMG]

she looks like a mixed breed bird to me. Could be a mix of mixed, no specific breed jumps out.

Where did these chicks come from?

7. tashKauai

tashKauai Just Hatched

Oct 14, 2016
    Kauai
    They came from Ideal hatchery. I ordered their standard egg layer assortment so I got a random mix of chicks. The first chick someone said maybe a barnevelder or a kind of Wyandotte but I have no clue what these two lil cuties are @drumstick diva

8. NicolleJean

Oct 15, 2016
    South Jersey
    [​IMG] thanks everyone! I gladly accept her as a mixed breed, as she is just the sweetest thing ever. Someone else asked for a better picture though so here it is.

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Gold/red sexlink.

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon

That's the difference a good pic can make. I agree she looks like a sex link hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by