1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lablover, Apr 10, 2012.

1. lablover

lablover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2012
    These chicks were in a cage along with bantams of some kind. I was told these were Ameraucanas, but they are probably easter eggers. I'm not sure if I accidentally grabbed a bantam though. I do have 2 chicks that are much smaller than the others. Any idea on breed? Any idea on the age of the biggest chick?

[​IMG]

This is the biggest chick. Notice the legs and feet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Biggest chick along with one of hte 2 smallest chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big chick is in the back. Black chick on right, and one of the 2 smallest chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. lablover

Apr 7, 2012
    Can anyone help?

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    well your biggest is a mix, having 5 toes and feathered legs. Maybe a salmon fav mix

4. lablover

Apr 7, 2012
    Thanks for replying!

Is there a way to tell which one's are bantams? Is the big chick going to be a big bird? Is the black chick susposed to have black legs?

5. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    most black birds have black to gray legs. bantams are smaller but some breeds like LF polish chicks are smaller untill they get older.

6. shannonruedger

shannonruedger Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    Constantine Mi
    I have heard that the silkies have five toes. the black could be a java or an astrolorpe. not sure on the others. they are cute though.[​IMG] any guesses on this baby?

7. shannonruedger

shannonruedger Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    Constantine Mi
    [​IMG]everytime I think I have the breed down on my tsc chicks They change. I know the blacks are barred rocks but the buffs ? I think they are red or gold stars but I will wait patiently while they feather out the rest of the way to find out if they all really are pullets and what flavor.

8. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    not a java or australrope, combs on them are single, this chick does not have a single comb. its comb along with the puffy looking cheeks say its prob. an ee

9. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    Shannon- Your chick does rather look like a Red Star or Amber Link...but coming from TSC they could also be Tetra Tints...especially if there are any black spots on them at all. Some of my TT's started out really light but are feathering in pretty dark like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by