What breed do I have?

lablover

Songster
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
These chicks were in a cage along with bantams of some kind. I was told these were Ameraucanas, but they are probably easter eggers. I'm not sure if I accidentally grabbed a bantam though. I do have 2 chicks that are much smaller than the others. Any idea on breed? Any idea on the age of the biggest chick?

This is the biggest chick. Notice the legs and feet.

Biggest chick along with one of hte 2 smallest chicks.

Big chick is in the back. Black chick on right, and one of the 2 smallest chicks.

Thanks for replying!

Is there a way to tell which one's are bantams? Is the big chick going to be a big bird? Is the black chick susposed to have black legs?

everytime I think I have the breed down on my tsc chicks They change. I know the blacks are barred rocks but the buffs ? I think they are red or gold stars but I will wait patiently while they feather out the rest of the way to find out if they all really are pullets and what flavor.

not a java or australrope, combs on them are single, this chick does not have a single comb. its comb along with the puffy looking cheeks say its prob. an ee

Shannon- Your chick does rather look like a Red Star or Amber Link...but coming from TSC they could also be Tetra Tints...especially if there are any black spots on them at all. Some of my TT's started out really light but are feathering in pretty dark like that.

the lighter colored once look just like solomon farrell hen the littel darker are rosters and the real dark could be a mix of something with the solomon farrells

Back
Top Bottom