What breed do my ducklings look?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Liasse, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Liasse

Liasse In the Brooder

Mar 23, 2018
    I currently have four ducklings and because I'm so new I don't know anything about them in case of identifying them, and sexing them. (Everything else health wise, such as what they need isifine) As far as I know the yellow one is a Pekin? I have ideas for the other ones, but I can't be sure. Can any of you identify these little guys?

IMG_20180325_110846.jpg
    I heard the yellow one is a Pekin, but I'm not quite sure about the other one. At first I thought it was a runner but I'm not quite sure. His chest always seems to be puffed out constantly like that, I don't know if that helps anything but i thought I'd point that out
    IMG_20180325_164636.jpg
    How about these two? I don't have any ideas for the one with the black head but I have a idea for the stripped one. Someone told me they looked like they were going to be a mallard, but looking at mallard ducklings pics I wasn't quite sure :)

Anyways any of these seem familiar?

2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    The dark brown one looks to be either a Khaki Campbell or a Golden 300. The one with the stripe also looks like a Golden 300. I tentatively agree on the Pekin, and have no idea what the other might be. Try taking a picture in natural light?

[​IMG]

Golden 300 hybrid layer ducklings

cheezenkwackers likes this.
  3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    The dark one in the top picture may be khaki Campbell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: