What breed do you think this is?

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
From Meyers Rare breed assortment on their website.

Possible breeds include: Ancona, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Faverolles, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington, Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock, Mottled Houdan, Easter Eggers, Lakeshore Eggers, Green Queens, and others as they are added to our rare breed offerings.

Looks like Blue Marans is the best fit to me. Feet are pink/white so that rules out Blue Jersey Giant and Blue Andalusian. Small chance its an Easter Egger I suppose.

Capronchick

Hatching
Oct 26, 2020
From Meyers Rare breed assortment on their website.

Possible breeds include: Ancona, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Faverolles, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington, Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock, Mottled Houdan, Easter Eggers, Lakeshore Eggers, Green Queens, and others as they are added to our rare breed offerings.

Looks like Blue Marans is the best fit to me. Feet are pink/white so that rules out Blue Jersey Giant and Blue Andalusian. Small chance its an Easter Egger I suppose.
That's what I thought too. Nice to get another opinion.

Top Bottom