What breed duck is this? edited to add new photos

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by offshorewife, Jun 14, 2008.

1. offshorewife

offshorewife Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Can some please tell me what breed of duck this is? We purchased them for $1.00 a piece out of a mystery bin at TSC.
    [​IMG]

Warmly,

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am not sure, so I am not much help. But I wanted to tell you you got a great bargain at $1.00 a piece. I paid $6.00 for mine. Congratulations on your new addition! [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Hmmm...
    Are the feathers on it's back coming in? Are they the same color as the belly feathers? All I can guess is that it's possibly a female. I wish I could help more. It's adorable [​IMG]

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    It looks like it may be a female rouen, they have the same coloring as malards. But she doesn't have any yellow fuz on her face, maybe a khaki mix? Did they say they were pure bred or what hatchery they came from?

5. duckman

duckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    looks like a rouen but is hard to tell the gender at this young age because they dont get their colorfull feathers untill they are older.

duckman

6. offshorewife

offshorewife Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    North Louisiana
    They didn't say if they were mixes or what just sold them to me for 1.00. They had 3 left so I took them all of course. The other two that came with "her" do have yellow on their faces and one has a yellow ring around it's neck. They are all colored/pattern the same except for the yellow. I think they are probably mixes. I hope if they are they do in fact have Khaki in them. I love their eggs. I'll keep waiting and post new photos at a later date.

Warmly,

7. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    looks just like my khaki campbell did as a duckling. looks too small to be a rouen, to me anyway. I will say though, if it is a khaki, the colors can be deceiving. I thought mine was a girl for the longest time because he had feathers just like your all over, and then all of the sudden he turned to more of the traditional male khaki coloring. Whatever yours is, it sure is cute though!

8. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Well it looks like one of my gray runner ducklings.

Whatever it is, it has a mallard pattern.

Very pretty I think! [​IMG]

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:gray runner? Do you mean blue, if so it would be blue/grey colored not chocolate colored.

10. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Nope it looks like my gray (mallard) runner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by