What breed feather footed banty?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by taprock, May 25, 2011.

1. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I stopped at the feed store and my son found 4 chicks which he wanted to get. I asked what breed and was told "banty". I said "yes, but what breed?". "They are feather footed banties." [​IMG] sigh... So can anyone help me out on what these little ones are? The flash seems to washed the color out a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    they look like D uccle mille fleur

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    They look like a lovely little batch of mille fleur D'Uccles. My favorite breed of bantam.

4. smallcitychick

smallcitychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Central Washington
    Quote:x3

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:x3

x4

6. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

It's too funny! I had just decided to look for a few banties and that is one breed I thought would be fun. Problem was I could not find any around locally and didn't want to order 25. My son found them at the feed store - only ones left. I told him I was sure they were sold - he went and asked. I got them for a buck a piece. Are they too young to tell sex yet?

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    You should be able to sex them in about 2 weeks. They look like they are 2 weeks old. I only picked one Mille Fleur, I thought my hubby would of been upset.lol. Hubby said no more chicks, but he wasn't and now I'm totally regretting not getting a few more. Luckily, I think mine is a pullet. Her comb is yellow and pretty small at 4 weeks.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  8. somadlyinlove

somadlyinlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] You did good!! My local feed store wants $3.50 for Mutts

9. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    Definately look like mille fleur d'uccles. Such a great breed! I have 6 in my brooder right now. [​IMG] You can sex d'uccles early, but do't be sure until they are at least 6 weeks. The roos get pink combs very early, and the girls maintain small yellowish combs. I had one roo pink up by three weeks, but my other two waited until about week five.

Those are nice looking chicks you got! They look healthy. Great find. [​IMG]

10. BigMikeK89

BigMikeK89 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2013
    Moores Hill, Indiana
    Yay, your post helped alot. I was down at the local tractor supply and saw some on these. The sign said "Stright Run Bathams" so I asked what breed, they said.... Bathams. lol I have been reading and looking all over and here is my answer. I have 4 at the moment, and 4 Cornish X. I am planing on geting some more x's and for sure some Rhoad Island Reds. If I like these guys maybe a few more..... lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by